dimanche 19 septembre 2010

Sussan Zeck

Sussan is born on september 10th, in Munich, Germany

Inspired from Sussan's portfolio

Interview of Sussan in Paris


Sussan's éditorial in Paris

Phil Modillustr: To start our conversation, what do you want to order, Sussan?
Sussan Zeck: As we are in Paris, let us order cafe au lait and croissants.

How and when were you discovered?

Fate got me into modelling. Sylvia Leifheit, the owner of Most Wanted Models Munich discovered me at the age of 17. They became my first agency and until today, I'm very grateful about this moment and thankful to Most Wanted Models ;)

After this successful season for you as a model, can you tell me your favourite styles and looks?
Many influences and pieces mixed together. Some of my clothes are designer clothes, others cheap ones, some are pieces from the '60s or '70s. You'll find me each weekend at fleamarkets. For buying luxury secondhand pieces online, my favourite choice is Secondglam (www.secondglam.com) and for jewellery, MyFlashTrash (www.myflashtrash.com). (I collect vintage jewellery.) I always find some pieces on my travels which remind me of that place afterwards. My favourite market in Paris is the one at Porte de Clignancourt. Color- wise, many of my clothes are black, white. Those two are combine perfectly and you can never go wrong.

What is necessary for a new model to have?
Girls should have developed their own personality before they start. It's very important for each young person to have found your way in life, to know who you are and what's important for you, no matter what anyone tells you. Then a reliable and caring management, that supports the girl on her way without pushing her past her limits. A good school education. A background she can rely on, that might be friends, family or anyone else. The knowledge that modeling is hard work, especially for new models. Building the book is hard work, and only few models make it to a strong book and are able to stay in business.

Do people act different since you've become a model?
That's a good question and yes, they do. I'm quite communicative and love exchanging opinions with people I meet during my travels, I prefer those talks that are about different topics than modeling though. Often people are so curious, they keep asking you tons of questions about modeling. The people who talk with me about topics other than my job, those interest me. You wouldn't ask an employee at McDonalds how many burgers he sold that day in his freetime, would you? I’ve also realized some friends try to dress up whenever we meet. When I meet someone, what interests me is our conversation and never what someone wears or looks like. Then there are the cliche-ridden people who think they know what being a model is like, just by what they hear in the media - which is kind of hilarious. So yes, people act differently.

What's your favourite part about modeling?
In terms of this interview, my little art collection - inspiring any creative person is what fulfills me the most."

You just finished filming FashionTv's "Fresh Face : Sussan Zeck" in Milan. How was getting this opportunity and being followed, like?
Excitement from the first minute I heard about this project, through the filming process, and it was definitely one of the best experiences in my entire life. As model, you're used being in front of a camera. Suddenly this photo camera becomes a film camera, and that was very exciting and new for me. I did TV spots before so I had a little TV experience before but still, that was a Wow-moment for me. The FashionTv team was extremely kind and fun to work with as well. They even got me Italian icecream, can you imagine that? :)

Sussan's éditorial in milano

What do you like about Milan and Paris, any particular place?
I love Milan for its elegant atmosphere and charm, and certainly for its food. Getting to castings is quite easy compared to other cities. Paris is full of art, which is very inspiring. I'm especially in love with the little boroughs like Marais and Quartier Latin. There are so many little bookstores: my favourite is 'Shakespeare and Company', 37 Rue de la Bucherie.(and from this bookshop you have a nice view on Notre -Dame:)...) I always find great books there. How do you deal with competition on those markets? Comparing yourself to others is always a bad idea.
One traveling advice?
Stay informed. Buy yourself a newspaper each day and watch the news to know what's going on in the world.Let's go to buy a good newspaper now and have a walk along the Seine...
I already follow your advice for long;)...
Merci Sussan! We shall keep on following your career on your homepage:
A Model Life:Sussan Zeck

Some of Sussan's favorites quotes and sentences:
Develop interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures- beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
Henry Miller

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. "

"Never take No for an answer."

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. "
Ivan Panin

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. "
Jesse Jackson

"If you can dream it, you can do it. "
Walt Disney

all photos are © and courtesy of Sussan.
(Many thanks to Sussan who appreciated my illustrations )

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire