mercredi 25 mai 2022

Evelyne and the cat of Kom Ombo

Thanks to Evelyne, the world of cats opened up to me. I found the sketches and research for portraits of her at the beginning of Us. As I accompanied her and met her at the Gare Montparnasse, I represented her walking on the platform, a cat sitting waiting for her in the foreground. Cat sketches are mixed with the first clumsy sketches of her face in her parents’s home, femininity and feline so well together in Evelyne. “Eve with glove” is the first portrait of her, and her eyes are like those of a cat protecting herself with her gloved hand as a paw. Because I looked at cats differently since her, we collected in the garden of my parents a kitten who let herself be adopted and went to our Paris apartement, gave birth to a son who I hope had a good number of descendants, followed us on differents places where she liked to go out. night and managed to climb back up the stairs and meow at the door in the morning. There was always a bit of Evelyne as long as this cat, whom she caressed like that cat in the ruins of Kom Ombo, lived . For the beautiful and feline Evelyne whom the Akita joined today, who give me and will always inspire me with beauty, youth, life, and the beautiful feeling that unites them.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire