mercredi 11 novembre 2020

Evelyne , the blue silk blouse at Christmas

 I was busy with my work at advertising agency and competing for designing a new template of cover for a book collection of a famous publishing company.
But Christmas was coming  soon, and I wanted so much to make a personal gift to Evelyne. A few weeks before, I had taken two close-up photos of Evelyne wearing this delicate blue silk blouse. It was her beautiful face so much in a cold and dramatic mood but so much inspiring, I drawn a sketch so quickly. At this time, I liked to paint with an airbrush, without using cut plastic masks but only a sheet of paper to keep some blurry between the colors .

I had not seen Evelyne for weeks, only some phone calls, it was decided to meet up with her family in her parents's house to celebrate Christmas together. I finished the portrait a day before Christmas and left Paris in the afternoon, sleeping in the car of  Evelyn's sister's husband. Evelyn was finshing her work late at beauty salon and would join us by train. I was waiting at Evelyne's parents's home. Evelyne's brother had gone by car to pick her up when she arrived at station. I heard the sweet sound of her voice when she entered the house, and she walked through the door to enter the dining room. I looked at her face so intensely with love, I thought that no portrait could ever render her beauty. But I tried, and tried and always try. And Evelyne always kindly encourage me.

Phil Modillustr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire